The catcher in the rye
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-21%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, Collection Botanique
39.59 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

Holden packing his bags

3 participants

Holden packing his bags Empty Holden packing his bags

Message par havaaadema Mar 15 Sep - 20:01

In chapter 7, page 55, I chose this sentence: "Almost every time somebody gives me a present, it ends up making me sad." I think it's like a generality, personally when I found a present after one year, for exemple, I remember how this gift made me happy and how it's important for me now because it was someone I really like who gave me it or something like this. And I think for the majority of the teenagers a present it's something happy at the beginning or forever but sometimes it ends like something sad, because we want to come back to live again that moment, for exemple. So he said a reality about the feelings befor and after getting a present.

havaaadema

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Holden packing his bags Empty Re: Holden packing his bags

Message par Diogolekikoodu1010 Dim 20 Sep - 14:26

Maybe he doesn't like receiving a present. Maybe he wants nothing. For example: I like to give a present and I don't matter if I receive or not a present , but I know that some people hate receive gifts. For this reasons:
1.After receiving a gift, there is always a moment of embarrassment because the other wants to see the satisfaction of the receiver. But if he doesn't like? He will play comedy into he loved the gift,and he will fell badly against the donor, hoping he will not have seen his true thoughts.
2.The receiver may feel indebted or ungrateful.

Diogolekikoodu1010

Message par [-Kevin_Caulfield_Rye-] Mer 23 Sep - 18:14

Hey buddies!
I think it's also about the fact that his mother was "proud" of him, of her little son, and she wanted to buy him something during (before?) the exam period to encourage him to do his best.
And then he fails, and it makes him sad because he's fired and he'll meet his mother deception, AGAIN! And it makes him feeling bad.
But I think that there are a lot of possible meanings!
Best regards,
Kevin

[-Kevin_Caulfield_Rye-]

Message par [-Kevin_Caulfield_Rye-] Mer 23 Sep - 18:15

(sorry for the possible mistakes, I'm from Switzerland)

[-Kevin_Caulfield_Rye-]

Message par havaaadema Mer 23 Sep - 18:37

Hi Diogo!
I just want to sepcify that the fact I wanted to say, it's about if he likes or not to have a gift but it's after when he found the gift and then he remembred a souvenir and had a sad feeling. I don't think that he hates to receive a present, but maybe.
I agree with your opinion Kevin, there are a lot of possible meanings!
bye bye!

havaaadema

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé